The right candidate uplifts the dining experience for customers. We are looking for
someone who will have the patience, personality and perseverance to thrive in this role. Responsibilities include greeting and serving customers, providing detailed information on menus, multi-tasking various front-of-the-house duties and collecting the bill. If you are able to perform well in fast-paced environments, we’d like to meet you. To be successful, you should be polite with our customers and make sure they enjoy their meals. You should also be a team player and be able to effectively communicate with our kitchen staff to make sure orders are accurate and delivered promptly.
Keep in mind that Front of House duties may require working in shifts and occasionally during weekends and holidays. Ultimately, it is the duty of our café team to provide an excellent overall dining experience for our guests. Responsibilities
· Greet and escort customers to their tables
· Present menu and provide detailed information when asked (e.g. about portions, ingredients or potential food allergies)
· Inform customers about the day’s specials
· Ensure dining area and outside seating area are kept clean at all times.
· Offer menu recommendations upon request
· Up-sell additional products when appropriate
· Take accurate food and drinks orders, using a POS and order slips
· Check customers’ IDs to ensure they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages.
· Communicate order details to the Kitchen Staff
· Serve food and drink orders
· Check dishes and kitchenware for cleanliness and presentation and report any problems
· Arrange table settings and maintain a tidy dining area
· Deliver checks and collect bill payments
· Carry dirty plates, glasses and silverware to kitchen for cleaning
· Meet with cafe staff to review daily specials, changes on the menu and service specifications for reservations (e.g. parties)
· Follow all relevant health department regulations
· Provide excellent customer service to guests
· Help with set up and shut down – including the cleaning and sanitising.
· Assist kitchen staff where needed,
· Proven work experience as Front of House staff
· Hands-on experience with cash register and ordering information system (POS)
· Basic math skills
· Attentiveness and patience for customers
· Excellent presentation skills
· Strong organizational and multitasking skills, with the ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
· Active listening and effective communication skills
· Team spirit
· Flexibility to work in shifts
· Food safety training is a plus